Monday, July 22, 2013

Pain sucks...

So, in case you don't know this about me, I'm a bit of an active person. Okay, I love to run/bike every day and do resistance work. Lately this has been with the TRX system, but you get the idea.

Today was a running day. Headed out and less than a mile in, I freaking rolled my ankle. Now usually I can walk this stuff off. Running in trails every day you get used to rolling your ankles. It happens quite often and as a result, my ankles can usually take it. Apparently not today. Not only did the actual event cause immense pain, it never eased up. I tried walking it off, or shall I say limping it off, but the farther I went, the more the pain increased. Knowing I was probably doing more damage, I finally had to do the limp of shame back home with the dog in tow. Neither of us were very happy, I can assure you.

Well, it's been well over two hours and yup, still hurts, despite large quantities of ibuprofen...no I didn't overdose but I did take enough it should have eased by now. Especially since I iced it for a long ass time. I hate to admit it, but I might have to actually go to the hospital and get some X-Rays...all I can say is there'll be hell to pay if there's anything really wrong with it.

And to top it off, it's been a weekend of stuff going wrong. Had to fight with a company to correct an order, but yeah, they finally did, so that's good. And I discovered an issue with a book of mine...hoping to rectify that soon, but it's still upsetting. It just seems that when things go wrong, they do it in fine style, lol.

Okay, other than that, I do have a book releasing in two weeks! Yippee...I'll post more soon, when the pain isn't clouding my good judgement...

No comments:

Post a Comment