Friday, May 15, 2009

Celebrating Success

I've been doing a lot of this lately. Celebrating my first contract... creating my website... making new connections which could lead to more, you guessed it, success. Then about a week ago, my new author friend hoped it was okay she share a review she just received on her latest release. The review was sensational, and it occurred to me how we really don't stop and take the time to celebrate the success of others. 

Oh we might say something like, good job, nice work, or way to go. But do we really take the time to make our friends, family, colleagues, you name it, feel good about what they've accomplished? Are we somehow afraid it might diminish our success if we do? 

It seems society is drifting that way. Watch out for number one, and do everything you can to stay number one. Well I, for one, am going to break the standards. So Bronwyn, congrats girl. And know I'm kicking back my chair, throwing my feet up and yelling..."Hell yay!"

No comments:

Post a Comment