Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Women 101...

Okay, first off, if you're popping in here to enter the contest, please remember to leave you contact information and what 2 books you'd like from my backlist in the comments section of the previous post... all entries must be made on the post with the lovely animated banner (yeah, I made that... pretty cool, huh) so we can keep things straight. You can imagine how hard it'd be to have to scroll through multiple comment sections to see who put in the correct information. Oh, and please remember to leave you name at all 6 blogs, along with the books you'd like from that author. While I'm flattered you love Suzanne's books so much, you'd like a copy from me, too, I can't put your information into the all mighty spread sheet until I have all of it.

Now, onto today's post... and wow... look at me go. Another post and we're still in the first week of January... but hey, my life is crazy, or is it just me. Okay, so I'm sure many of you are finally back to some semblance of normal after a wild and crazy holiday season. I'm one of those folks that doesn't begrudge having the kids home, but all the hectic chaos associated with Christmas can really take a toll...on everything. Take men and women for example...the holidays gives us more time to spend with our partners and to rediscover, yet again, why nine hours apart each day is a godsend.

Now don't get me wrong. I love me some man time, but hey... there are some simple rules men need to follow in order to save the woman from spending endless hours chatting with her BFF to see if they know anyone... yes anyone... who might fall into the category of hired hit man. So... I thought I'd save some time and write a few things down, so others may learn from the tragedy of those who have come before....

1 - Directions. I love traveling and going to see friends is a fabulous way to spend some of your holidays, but here's the thing... women have a much better time when you actually get the instructions to said friend's house. And no... knowing that the house is brown with white trim is not enough... knowing that the house resides somewhere east of town, isn't quite enough either. And for the record gentlemen... spitting out the window to see which direction the wind is blowing doesn't give you omnipotent powers... so please... get the directions and have a map. Or get the iphone app for the built-in GPS... there are several for that.

2 - The use of the word fat. Okay, I don't care if you do mean it as phat and that it's all the rage... nothing good will ever come from this word, so strike it from your vocabulary. Now! And no, it doesn't matter if you're referring to the bulldog on the fido commercial... seriously... lose it.

3 - Movies. Hey, us ladies love action/adventure flicks as much as you guys do, but here's the thing. When the hero finally gets to kiss the girl, don't moan and slump in your seat as if someone just kicked you in your junk...or worse...turn to your lady and comment on how hot the woman is...or you might be slumping in your seat because she just kicked you in your junk.

Well, that's a start. The lessons are endless, but three is a good starting point.

I hope you all are having a great week, and don't forget to scroll down if you're here to enter the contest.

3 comments:

  1. Loved the post Kris...almost spewed my hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lmao, I am printing this list out and giving it to my son. He is still young so there is hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ladies....
    Yes, while done in humour, it is funny how accurate it is... thanks for stopping by..

    Oh, and Mlmhm45...I'm already trying to tell my boys... listen to me, and you might stand a chance at actually understanding women.

    ReplyDelete