Friday, May 29, 2009

Second Time is Still a Charm

Just a few short weeks ago I had one of the best days ever, professionally speaking. As you already guessed, yes that was the day I opened my email and for the first time got offered a contract instead of a "thanks, we loved it, but not today." I can still remember the feeling, slightly light-headed and somewhat nauseous, and I wondered if I'd ever experience that particular sense of pure joy again.

Well, babies, I have. I'm sooo sooo sooo very excited to announce my second, oh yeah I did say second, book contract, this time with Resplendence Publishing, for my full length novel THE RACE. And while the first contract will always be incredibly special, I have to say, this one is particularly sweet. I think it's because this is the only book of the few I've got finished I actually sent out to more than one publisher. I got a couple of "we love it, but it doesn't really fit our box", and one place lost it. So it just seems for this book, it's been a long time coming. And if I'm going to be truthful, it was one of the books that seemed to be holding me back from submitting other work. It's as if I felt I had to get this one out there before I could let go of any of the others. 

So now it's here, the moment of glory, or at least the start of it. No firm date on when it will be released, but it should be available by early next year. Now I can spend some time updating my website and soon, who knows, maybe it won't be quite as sparse as it is now.

Thanks to Bronwyn, Tiffany and Jessica for helping make this happy moment a reality. You ladies rock. 

So who's up for thirds...

No comments:

Post a Comment