Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Another Step

Today I'm celebrating a few things. First, it's Canada Day! If I'm correct, the country is 142 years old today, and with any luck, I'll be taking the kids off to fireworks tonight. One of the few drawbacks of living in a small town. You don't always get the big festivals associated with certain holidays. Cut backs...who knew.

My second reason, and one a bit closer to my heart, is celebrating my new book contract with Total-e-Bound. Yes, I have an awesome editor... Chris you truly do rock and I'm so lucky my first manuscript landed on your desk... I am a true believer in fate now. This marks my fourth novel with TEB and my fifth overall. This book is a long one (currently a bit over 100K) and is currently entitled Fictional Desire. I haven't been asked to change it yet, but as one of my previous posts chatted about, it wouldn't be the first time. About the only difference is I've changed the name of this one at least three or four times myself... so who knows.

It's another Erotic Thriller novel... and if I can say, the hero "Gage" is probably my favourite. There's just something about him that I absolutely love and I'm very excited to see it travel along the publishing road. And extremely happy Chris will be sharing it with me. Honestly folks, she's the absolute best :D

Fictional Desire is scheduled for release next April, just in time to promote it at the Romantic Times Convention in Columbus, Ohio. I plan on attending (and will get to meet Chris in person, yeah!!!!) along with a number of other authors from TEB and other houses. It should be a grand time.

I'll be putting up a blurb and an excerpt on my website for the new novel, so feel free to visit and check it out. I've got one other novel out on prospect and will hopefully be hearing back about it over the next couple of weeks... here's keeping fingers and toes crossed. Funny how you never lose that gut-wrenching feeling when you see an email regarding a proposal or submission. I've had some good ones now, but I still feel my heart clamour up to my throat as I click on the post. Guess that's all part of the business.

Hope everyone is having a great holiday week. I realize it's Friday for folks down in the states, so Happy 4th of July for those of you south of the border. And another Happy Birthday to Canada for those of us to the north.

Cheers,
Kris
Romancing life... one adventure at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the newest contract, Kris!

    Chris is an amazing editor, isn't she? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Kris! Congrats!
    And I'll be there at RT, too!
    :D
    G.

    ReplyDelete